The speaker for the Oregon State Camp Meeting at Canby Grove told the story of an older lady who would take his hand in hers after church, look deeply into his eyes and tell him “bless you.” Though it sometimes seemed repetitive and out-of-place, he admitted he always felt blessed.
The beginning of Psalm 20 contains a list of blessings I think I’ll keep handy in my back pocket. They’re all good.
“May the Lord answer you when you are in distress. May the name of the God of Jacob protect you” (Psalm 20:1 NIV). Other items on the list:
1. May he send help
2. May he grant you support
3. May he remember all you’ve sacrificed
4. May he accept your offerings
5. May he give you what you deeply desire
6. May he make your plans succeed
7. May we shout for joy over your victory
The list ends with the blessing. “May the Lord grant all your requests” (from verse 5).
Give blessing and be blessed.
by Kathy Sheldon Davis