I love living in the moment in my adventure with God, including writing from my home in Oregon’s fertile Willamette Valley (where, I’ve been told, the only time thousands came to our part of the state to see the sun was during the total solar eclipse). It’s a good thing I can appreciate rainy days!
I’m a contributing author of Jesus Talked to Me Today: Stories of Children’s Encounters with Angels, Miracles, and God, by James Stuart Bell. My story, “Jesus in My Pocket,” tells how I learned the value of making Jesus my best friend instead of the tiny doll I hid in my desk. I also write devotions for Pathways to God which is published quarterly by Warner Press.
Devoted to daily Bible study and journaling, I embrace my passion for following Jesus by loving Jerry, my husband of 40 years, and our four children and their families. I’ve also invested my life in serving the community by running a childcare business, volunteering in schools, working in building maintenance, children’s and worship ministries at church, home schooling, foster parenting a dozen kids, and working in health records for local Oregon clinics, all of which add amazing elements to my life story.
Here’s more fascinating stuff
- On my drawing board is a historical fiction story about a WWII soldier with shell-shock (PTSD) and the woman who works through her own heartbreaks in order to give him a chance at winning her heart.
- There’s also a memoir taking shape in my computer.
- For Oregon Christian Writers I look for ways to serve at three one-day writing conferences and a four-day coaching conference every year.
- I offer critique and editing support for several authors and ministries, including Early-Onset Alzheimer’s Discipleship and Wholly Loved.
- My husband, Jerry, makes handcrafted knives, and I provide admin support.
- I enjoy family times around our backyard fire pit, raising raspberries, apples and tomatoes, exploring Oregon, visiting family in Florida, managing the base camp for my husband’s elk hunts, and watching old movies and documentaries with my favorite guy.