I love living in the moment in my adventure with God. From our home in Oregon’s fertile Willamette Valley, I write about family, writing, and following Jesus.
My story, Jesus in My Pocket, is scheduled for release in July 2016 by Bethany House Publishers in James Stuart Bell’s book, Jesus Talked to Me Today: Stories of Children’s Encounters with Angels, Miracles, and God. I also write for traditional devotional publishers.
Devoted to daily Bible study, journaling, and managing our home, I embraced my passion for bringing others closer to God by loving Jerry, my husband of 38 years, raising four children, running a childcare business, serving in numerous capacities in our church, home schooling, foster parenting and mentoring. Though I’ve retired from some of these job descriptions, they’ve all added amazing elements to my life story.
Here’s more fascinating stuff
- I love serving at writers conferences as a support person working to help things run smoothly, and being a life-long learner of the craft.
- On my drawing board is a historical fiction romance about a WWII soldier with PTSD and the woman who works through her own heartbreaks in order to give him a chance at winning her heart.
- With the Oregon Christian Writers Organization I help host three one-day writing conferences and a four-day coaching conference every year. I serve as media assistant.
- I enjoy family times around our backyard fire pit, exploring Oregon, visiting family in Florida, camping, and old movies.
- In our hometown of Junction City, Oregon, I’m the lady strolling through town in the frumpy hat. And if I’m not aware of your presence, you may catch me singing along the way.