I love living in the moment in my adventure with God, focusing on how to daily “love my neighbor as myself.” I especially enjoy writing from my bedroom office in the Willamette Valley where, I’ve been told, the only time thousands have ever come to Oregon to see the sun was during a total solar eclipse. It’s a good thing I’m not bothered much by rainy days.
I’m a contributing author of Jesus Talked to Me Today: Stories of Children’s Encounters with Angels, Miracles, and God, by James Stuart Bell. My story, “Jesus in My Pocket,” tells how I embraced Jesus as my forever friend when I learned the doll I hid in my school desk wasn’t always a friend I could count on.
After publishing my Pocket story, I realized there were other dolls from my childhood with stories to tell. One was a troll who appealed to my free spirit. I thought it would be great to be a Christian hippie and escape the things that cause me grief. With my troll doll I learned my plans to live only for myself might not fit with being a follower of Jesus.
My next book, a compilation of these stories, is currently in the works.
I embrace my passion for loving God in my marriage to Jerry, and in raising our four children and supporting their families. In the past I invested in my community by running a home-based childcare business, volunteering in schools, working in building maintenance, leading children’s and worship ministries, home schooling, foster parenting, editing and proofreading manuscripts, transcribing and filing health records for medical clinics, all of which add amazing elements to my life story.
Here’s more fascinating stuff
- On this blog and published in Pathways, by Warner Press, I share devotional meditations.
- I offer critique and editing support for authors and other writers.
- At Oregon Christian Writers conferences, which occur four times a year, I serve, inform, and encourage other writers.
- I provide admin support for my husband’s knife making business.
- My favorite activities involve family gatherings around the camp fire, playing on the floor with the little ones, exploring Oregon, managing base camp while my husband hunts, watching old movies and documentaries with my favorite guy, and after all that, reading.